Books

13 June 2012

So, where was I? That's right - I was ready to write the book. Not without some trepidation, given the fact that a number of people connected with the story were still living. I was also wondering whether or not I would be able to successfully navigate around the many different perspectives of history. However, I decided that this was to be my story about Nina, and, on the strength of that decision, it was just a matter of turning on the computer. Admittedly, not quite as romantic as picking up a pen and dipping it in the inkwell but nevertheless...

4 comments:

  1. Hello Diane, this sounds like a fascinating story and an area that I don't know much about either. The Baltic States tend to get overlooked a bit compared with Poland or even Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are probably right, Keith - about the Baltic States being somewhat overlooked. Hopefully, this book can do just a little to correct the balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we need to design the virtual inkwell :) I am also sure that the people living and connected to the story in your book will feel honoured to be part of your well-navigated tale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Annette. The virtual inkwell will have to be my next project...

    ReplyDelete